If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not act in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Cogneti may change or remove any description, content, contribution, or material that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Cogneti liability. You must immediately notify Cogneti of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. Cogneti will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. Index
Your Cogneti.com Account and Site
If you play a game you are acting as a member of the group hosting the game. You are entirely responsible for your activity and play, and any harm resulting from your activity and play.
Responsibility of Group Members
- When you download, view, display, and play Cogneti decks it gives you NO right to infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party.
- Your conduct should always align with a positive learning environment for the group and individual group members, and shall always conform to Cogneti Codes of Conduct
- You are responsible for and warrant that your comments and contributions (made via chat, email, or forums) are safe, virus-free, offered freely without implied obligation, do not misrepresent your own identity, do not violate any rights held by any or third-party, are not spam or machine-generated, are not commercial solicitations, do not violate the privacy rights of others, and are not offensive (pornographic, hateful, or threatening).
If you act as a Cogneti group lead, you are entirely responsible for your actions taken in that role. As a Cogneti group lead, you represent and warrant that:
Responsibility of Group Leads
- the selection, download, copy and use of a Cogneti deck will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you select and manage as part of a Cogneti deck, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available such Cogneti deck, including but not limited to access via the Cogneti player, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the selected Cogneti deck, and have done all things necessary to successfully represent the obligations of such licenses in managing group play and access by group members;
- all group play that you enable and manage in your role as group lead conforms to Cogneti Codes of Conduct, including the responsibility to enforce this Agreement (including reporting of violations) as it applies to group members.
- your group is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your group name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own.
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content, including but not limited to the form of a Cogneti deck, is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Cogneti deck is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Cogneti deck is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your Cogneti deck’s name is not the name of a person other than yourself, company other than your own, or product for which you do not have legal authority to represent.
Payment and Renewal
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as Authoring services, Sponsor licenses, Support services, and secure hosting services are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Cogneti the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Cogneti before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your site’s dashboard.
Cogneti has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Cogneti does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Cogneti disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted. Index
Responsibility of Website Visitors
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Cogneti.com links, and that link to Cogneti.com. Cogneti does not have any control over those non-Cogneti websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Cogneti website or webpage, Cogneti does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Cogneti disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Cogneti websites and webpages. Index
Content Posted on Other Websites
As Cogneti asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or accessible via by way of Cogneti.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Cogneti. Cogneti will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Cogneti will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Cogneti or others. In the case of such termination, Cogneti will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Cogneti. Index
This Agreement does not transfer from Cogneti to you any Cogneti or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Cogneti. Cogneti, Cogneti.com, the Cogneti.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Cogneti.com or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cogneti or Cogneti’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Cogneti or third-party trademarks. Index
Cogneti reserves the right to display advertisements on and within the presentation of your Cogneti deck unless you have purchased an Ad-free Upgrade or an Ad-free Sponsor account. Index
Cogneti reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Cogneti may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Index
Cogneti may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Cogneti.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability. Index
The Website is provided “as is”. Cogneti and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Cogneti nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk. Index
Disclaimer of Warranties
In no event will Cogneti, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Cogneti under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Cogneti shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. Index
Limitation of Liability
General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cogneti, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement. Index
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Cogneti and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Cogneti, or by the posting by Cogneti of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New Hampshire, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in New Hampshire. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Cogneti may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. Index
Dec 24, 2012: Created agreement Index